Hello and welcome to the Community Arts Projects section.
Many years ago I met a wonderful lady who goes by the name of Fairy Sparkle. She left her five day a week job to become a Fairy and bring joy to the sick children in hospitals. Her initiative has got hospitals Australia wide create retreat gardens for children who are often in hospitals. Her work is phenomenal and she has brought so much joy and happiness to sick children and their families. It is her work that has inspired me to develop a consultancy business so I can work with communities to create Beauty that will stand the test of time.
Additionally, one of my students who was under my care, had a beautiful imagination, so much so it would get him into trouble at school at times, he would sing to the birds, and talk to himself. I guess he seemed like an odd ball. He sang like an Angel, and loved to draw, drink green cordial, and really play, play ,play with other kids. He was a wise soul in a young persons body. Sadly, he got very sick and passed away just after turning 11 years old. I missed his energy, his free spirit, his integrity, and so did his classmates, and the whole school for that matter. A young soul with so much creativity within untapped. So when I took on my own consultancy I decided to name it after him, Anise. Why you may ask? I wanted my business to be a beacon of light, a source of Sanctuary for children, adults, teenagers and businesses who wanted to OPEN up to their creativity. This is what makes us feel alive, energized, loved and whole. This is our Motto to enable you, and your community to be a shiny button!
What we do
Anise Art has been involved with many Creative Community Art projects for many years. Mostly the work has come from the Catholic Education sector where schools wish to beautify their area, or celebrate their rich history through Art in the form of beautiful mosaic walls to mosaics within school building spaces. We have also designed ideas for meditation gardens for specific communities. Places where there needs to be a new creative ‘something’ is our passion. My expertise is assisting you to create a lovely space in your place of work. I can design the artwork, get you to design it, demonstrate art workshops for you and the children, train teachers, caregivers, parents by example and get them to lead the project to fruition.
Creative Schools with a Vision to Inspire
We can create workshops for school children which inspire, and embrace creative minds. Artistic workshops of any kind will allow the students to:
- think creatively and explore creative solutions to problems
- work cooperatively, and individually in a focused way with others of all ages
- master technical and creative skills
- develop confidence and understanding in their abilities
- apply creative thinking to other areas of learning such as writing, science and maths
It is our desire to assist you with your plans to create public spaces a place of beauty, and community connection. We can assist you rally up people power! An example of Public Art spaces can be Art Gardens, Meditation areas, Mosaic walls in schools and play areas. The power is in getting the whole community together to create bit by bit something that they will never forget. Our advice is practical, sensible and flexible.
We can assist you to create the space of your dreams:
- Art Gardens
- Mosaic Walls and spaces
- Meditation Gardens
- Painted Murals
Healing Creative Consultation
I have worked for many years with children and have 38 years teaching experience working in schools. As an artists I can help develop an original fresh approach to art workshops, public art, designing outdoor art spaces or developing community festival events. Art Groups and Clubs are a great way to practice your creativity and bring the community together. We can also provide you with practical advice on creative play spaces, children’s art clubs and working creatively with children. Call us for a consultation on how to set one up. Contact us for an overview of our how to do creative workshops offered to parents, caregivers and teachers.
The consultation process will identify and determine:
- Designs you need for the space, the charism, and history, symbols and images you wish to include in the design.
- The stakeholders in the project and sourcing assistance in the community on a volunteer basis if budget is low.
- Ways to keep the space a low cost establishment
- Design a space that is easy to maintain and accessible.
- Sourcing materials and equipment from community and beyond
- Sourcing key people in the project to lead the project at various stages.
- Teach the community through easy workshops how to do ‘mosaicking’ from start to finish.Where possible Australian native flora used to provide bush tucker, and to attract native fauna
- Consider that the whole garden/creative space is seen as an evolving work of art, in which children and the school community are included and involved,
Please call us if you feel we can assist you in your desired Community Arts Project. You will not be disappointed!
Phone Anise Art Consultancy 02 4233 2297 and email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org